Additionally, be extra vigilant about food wrappers that may have fallen to the floor. Your pet may be attracted to the smell and try to eat wax paper, aluminum foil, or something else that could cause extensive internal damage. The same holds true for the garbage can. If you think your pet will try to get into it, take it outside or keep it in a locked cabinet.
Handling Holiday Emergencies
Despite your best efforts, a persistent dog or cat may still get into something that makes her ill or sustain an injury over Thanksgiving. Since Chaska Valley Veterinary Clinic will be closed, please contact the Eden Prairie location of the Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Service at 952-942-8272 or the Pet Poison Helpline at 1-800-213-6680. We hope your entire family has a safe and happy holiday.
Photo Credit: Jason Ondreicka / Getty Imagespet health